With their crunchy, sweet-spiced coating, these nibbles are great at parties and they are healthy! They also make an ideal homemade Christmas gift when packaged and tied with a pretty ribbon.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- Zest of ½ orange
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 oz walnut or pecan halves
- Put the sugar, water, orange zest and spices onto a baking tray.
- Stir together and add the nuts.
- Cook in your AGA Roasting Oven (or simmer on your stove top) until the liquid has evaporated and the nuts have absorbed the flavors. Cool before serving.
Source: Bonnie Fleming