When nothing but an English breakfast will do. Any late-wakers in the house will be tempted out of bed with the irresistible lure of sizzling bacon.
6 tomatoes, halved
6 slices of black pudding
8 good quality sausages
6 rashers bacon
4-6 free range eggs
1. Place a piece of Bake-O-Glide in the large AGA roasting tin and place halved tomatoes, the mushrooms and black pudding in the base. Place the sausages on the grill rack and place the rack over the tomatoes and mushrooms.
2. Grill the sausages at the top of the roasting oven for 12-15 minutes, turn the sausages over and add the bacon, return to the top of the roasting oven for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile place a little fat into the half size roasting tin, lined with Bake-O-Glide, heat on the floor of the roasting oven. When the fat is hot break in the eggs and return to the floor of the oven to cook to your liking (cooking in the oven saves fat splashes on the top plate).
Eggs In Fried Bread
1. Use the AGA toaster on the boiling plate to toast the bread one side, cut a circle out of the centre slice of bread. Place the bread untoasted side down in the base of the hot roasting tin and break an egg into the circle.
2. Return to the floor of the roasting oven for 3-5 minutes, depending on how well cooked you prefer the egg.
No-Fat Fried Egg For One
1. If cooking for one try the no-fat method. Place a circle of Bake-O-Glide onto the simmering plate, up to heat and break an egg into the centre.
2. Close the simmering plate cover, this will create a micro-climate to cook (but not colour) the egg from the top and the heat from the simmering plate will cook-fry the egg from underneath. Cook for 3-4 minutes or to your preference.