A summer favourite, this cheesecake is simple, stunning and so moreish, you may have to make a couple just to keep everyone happy
350g (12 oz) plain chocolate digestive biscuits
125g (4½ oz) butter, melted
700g cream cheese
300ml carton soured cream
4 medium free range eggs
115g (4 oz) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 lemon, grated rind
275ml carton crème fraîche, full fat
1. Place the biscuits into a plastic freezer bag and crush to fine crumbs with a rolling pin.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan on the simmering plate and mix with the biscuit crumbs.
3. Line the base of a 23cm spring form tin and press the crumb mixture into the base. Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
4. Beat together the cream cheese, soured cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon rind until smooth. Pour onto the biscuit base.
5. Place onto the grid shelf placed on the floor of the baking oven and cook for about 45 minutes or until just set in the centre.
6. Cool the cheesecake then place in the refrigerator – do not worry if a crack appears, it will be covered up by the topping.
7. Remove the spring form tin side and use a wide palette knife to place the cheesecake onto a serving plate. Spread over the crème fraîche and decorate with fresh raspberries. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve.