A substantial salad full of flavour, with everyone’s favourite squeaky cheese working beautifully with the smoky sweet peppers. A big bowl will go down a treat at a summer buffet or it’s a great dish for lunch in the office.
1 x 250g pack of Halloumi cheese, cut into 8 slices
Chargrilled Pepper Salad
2 small orange peppers
2 small red peppers
2 small yellow peppers
4 tbsp good olive oil
1 plump clove of garlic, puréed
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 tbsp capers, drained
100g (3½ oz) Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
1. Halve and de-seed the peppers and place on the large AGA grill rack, in its highest position, placed in the large roasting tin.
2. Slide the tin onto the second set of runners down in the roasting oven and grill for about 20 minutes. Turn once, until the skins are browning and the peppers are tender.
3. Place the grilled peppers into a large plastic bag and seal. Leave until cool, but not cold, then peel off the skins and discard. Cut the peppers into strips and put into a bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over the peppers, lightly turn and place in a serving dish.
4. Place a circle of Bake-O-Glide onto the simmering plate and put the cheese slices on this and cook until browned then turn the cheese slices over and cook the other side.
5. Arrange the cheese and salad on plates and serve with crusty bread.