This lovely casserole was devised by Marcia Poole, AGA Demonstrator Extraordinaire. It is truly delicious.
2 tbsp plain flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large pinch dried chilli flakes
900g (2 lb) shoulder of pork, diced
6 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 butternut squash, peeled and sliced
300ml (½ pint) chicken stock
3 tbsp Bonne Maman Peach Conserve
2-3 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Mix the flour, salt, pepper and chilli flakes together and use to coat the pork.
2. Place half the sunflower oil into a large cast iron casserole. Heat on the Boiling Plate then brown the meat in batches.
3. Remove the meat from the pan, add the remaining oil and then fry the onion until softened.
4. Add the garlic and continue cooking for a minute.
5. Return the pork to the casserole and add the carrots and the squash. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
6. Transfer to the Simmering Oven for about 2 hours or until tender.
Transfer to the centre of a pre-heated oven at 150ºC (300ºF), fan oven 130ºC, Gas Mark 2. Remove from the oven, stir in the peach conserve and then adjust the seasoning. Stir in the Coriander just before serving and accompany with steamed rice.