2 red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
2 courgettes, trimmed and roughly chopped
2 red peppers, cored, deseeded and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
350g cherry tomatoes, halved
300ml hot vegetable stock
4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
100g black olives, pitted and halved
200g feta cheese, cubed
Basil leaves to decorate
- Put the red onions, courgettes, red peppers and garlic into a roasting tin and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then toss together and roast at 200oC, conventional oven, centre shelf; 180oC fan oven; mark 6 for 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the roasting tin. Toss together and roast for a further 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into a large bowl. Pour in the hot stock, stir and cover. Set aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the warm couscous with a fork, then add the chopped parsley, balsamic vinegar, olives and roasted vegetables. Season with more pepper if needed.
- Toss together, then spoon into warmed bowls. Scatter over the feta cheese and basil leaves.
- Delicious served with some warmed focaccia!