1 x 20cm/8” cooked shortcrust pastry case
200g bag baby spinach leaves, washed and patted dry
2 hot smoked salmon fillets
2 large eggs
180ml double cream
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C conventional oven, centre shelf; 190°C fanned oven; Gas 6.
- Leave the pastry case in the tin it was cooked in and place the tin onto a baking tray.
- Place the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water, just enough to wilt the leaves. Drain and cool and then squeeze the excess water out and then roughly chop the leaves.
- Scatter the spinach over the base of the pastry case.
- Skin and roughly break up the salmon fillets and add to the pastry case.
- Whisk the cream and eggs together, season well with pepper (you shouldn’t need salt as the salmon can be salty)
- Pour the cream mixture into the pastry case and sprinkle with the dill.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and set.