1 tsp olive oil
Small pork shoulder roast
100g chicken broth
6 tbsp. barbecue sauce
½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ tbsp. chilli powder
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
2 bell peppers (1 green, 1 yellow)
6 leaves romaine lettuce
- Pour the olive oil into your slow cooker and add the pork roast.
- Pour the chicken broth over the pork.
- Mix together the barbecue sauce, mustard, thyme, garlic, chilli powder and half of the onion in a separate bowl and spoon over the pork.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook on a high temperature for five hours and 30 minutes.
- Take the pork out of the slow cooker, remove the fat and use two forks to shred the meat.
- Put the shredded pork back into the slow cooker and keep on a warm temperature.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the green and yellow bell peppers and fry with the rest of the onion until tender.
- Divide the pork between the lettuce leaves and top with the onion and peppers.