Sesame Beef Stir Fry
Food in a flash is epitomized by the AGA stir fry. A meal in itself, Sesame Beef Stir Fry made on the AGA cast iron range makes a fantastic work-night dish. Don’t be shy about experimenting with the ingredients! Feel free to substitute and add as you see fit. Often times, people enjoy making sesame beef stir fry using a variety of vegetables found in the refrigerator at that time.
Simple, fast and made on the AGA cast iron range, this Sesame Beef Stir Fry is sure to please.
- 12 oz beef filet, cut into thin strips
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 5 oz oyster mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced finely
- 1 oz sesame seeds
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 pkg rice stir fry or Lo Mein noodles
- 3 TBSP oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Remove rice noodles from the package, place in a pan and cover with cool water. Allow to soak while prepping ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the Sauce Ingredients and whisk together briskly. Set aside.
- Heat your wok on the Boiling Plate, add the sesame oil. When oil is hot place add the beef strips and stir fry until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and peppers. Stir fry for another minute. Add sesame seeds and onions and cook for another minute.
- Strain noodles in a colander in the sink. Shake off excess water.
- Back at the stove, stir in the sauce mixture and toss to coat. Allow the stir fry to heat through then add noodles. Stir until noodles are evenly coated with sauce. Remove from heat and serve immediately.